It has Arrived: But What Happens Now



After four months of getting the writers together and figuring out what to include in the magazine we have finally reached the point where it's time to see the final copy. Honestly, if I can put aside the idea of "money" for a minute it is incredible to think that I have a magazine up for sale. I know that some people might think "oh what is the big deal" well the big deal is that I've never done anything like this out of fear. Let me explain the fear that I am referring to is just the thought of well I am going to put all this work into it and nobody will read it. However, recently I have been trying to reason out things I might regret not doing and this was one of them, partially due to the other writers that had an investment in this magazine. Either way though I am very excited about the magazine being finished and everything ready to go.

I will be honest right now that the moment that I go on and see the first sale of the magazine I will be at a loss for words. I might cry to be honest with you, because it will be incredibly humbling to see that moment when all the hard work is validated by one person it is a crazy thought. I never really imagined taking things to this step, because of the amount of work that went into the magazine. I am beyond happy that I found so many like minded people who were willing to invest their time, energy, and patience into this project. I want to thank Lindsay, David, Conor, Tyler, Rob, Stefano, Sam, and Samantha for helping make this happen. I can talk about how grateful I am for hours, but it's 10 after 3 in the morning and have something else I want to get to.

Now with the magazine officially completed I feel like I can talk about something else I've been keeping a secret. About a week before the magazine was set to be released I started talking to some of the writers about donating some of the profits after we sell a few copies. The chosen charity is still up in the air, but everyone I spoke to thought it was a great idea and we chose something that would benefit mental health awareness. I have dealt with depression and anxiety for years and sometimes it makes it hard to do anything, but writing has truly become my escape which is why I thought it'd be fitting to bring things full circle. This is by no means a guilt trip or anything of the sort as much like this magazine the donation is just another addition to our passion project. It doesn't matter if it's a penny or a dollar every little bit helps and in this case you get a great magazine filled with knowledgeable, and well written work, but you will indirectly donate to help spread the awareness of mental health. I will of course explain more information like for example which charity I will be donating too when I have made the decision, but right now just know that I plan on sharing a percentage of the profits.

Before I go I just want to everyone involved with this magazine once again for all their help in making it happen. I know for a fact this wouldn't have been possible without you so thank you all. But now it's your turn reward our hard work with just a click and then you will have bought the magazine that is "For Fans by Fans." Thank You all once again!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antonio Brown is Officially a Heel

Are the Buffalo Sabres legitimate cup contenders?